Line workers work on or around the high voltage wires and equipment that carry electricity from the plant to your home or business. It is their job to keep the entire system in good repair. They also perform the task of restoring power after severe storms. Line workers are the lifeblood of the utility business.
Use the fields below to search for jobs across all of our subsidiaries.
A career as a line worker offers many options. Opportunities in distribution generally work in a local region. Regions can be reassigned. These crews climb poles and maintain or construct power lines. Opportunities in transmission work on roving crews that travel the state to complete their work. Transmission crews work either on the line team which climb poles and maintain or construct power lines or the substation team which maintains or construct substations.
Entry level line crew position titles vary by location. Look for these titles when you search jobs on our website:
- Unassigned Apprentice Lineman (UAL)
- Truck Operators
- Utility Assistant
- Apprentice Line Technician
- Apprentice Lineman
- Fleet Mechanic
Some of your day to day responsibilities might include:
- Adhering to the safety standards of the company
- Assisting in the daily construction and maintenance of the distribution and transmission systems in order to provide service in a safe, timely and economical manner
- Responding to and correcting problems with the electrical distribution system during normal working hours, after hours, nights and weekends and in extreme weather conditions
- Inspecting and testing power lines and other equipment using special reading and testing devices
- Building lines, setting poles, hanging transformers and connecting service
- Working with customers while in the field
Click above to view all of our skilled, craft and hourly opportunities. Using the advanced search tab on the job list page, select "power line operations and maintenance" from the job field pull down menu and click "search for jobs" to view only power line related opportunities.