At Southern Company, we believe investing in creating tomorrow's workforce today. Through a strategic workforce development strategy, Southern Company partners with technical education institutions to prepare individuals for high-paying technical careers as line technicians, power plant operators and technicians, instrumentation and controls technicians and engineers. These highly technical careers require skills in electricity, electronics, electrical applications, engineering technology, instrumentation and several other key skill areas.
Programs in Florida
- Georgia Stone Technical Center - Pensacola, FL (NCCER Electrical and Welding Program)
- Locklin Technical Center - Milton, FL (NCCER Electrical and Welding Program)
- Haney Tech - Panama City, FL (Electrical and Welding Program)
Programs in Georgia
Augusta Technical College is now accepting applications for Georgia's only Nuclear Engineering Technology program. To learn more, attend an information session.
Colleges offering electrical lineworker apprentice certification:
- North Georgia Technical College, Clarkesville, GA
- Okefenokee Technical College, Waycross, GA
- South Georgia Technical College, Americus, GA
Find more information in our Lineworker Brochure.
Colleges offering electric utility technology:
Colleges offering associate degrees for careers in Nuclear:
- Augusta Technical College - Associate Degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology (NET) Details.
Colleges offering Instrumentation and Controls Technician - A.A.S. Degree:
Find more information in our Instrumentation and Controls Academy Brochure (PDF 3.3MB).